Through grants and peer learning opportunities, ArtsHERE invests in organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to equity within their practices and programming, with the goal of increasing arts participation for underserved groups/communities, and sharing insights that may inform similar funding programs in the future.
ArtsHERE invests in organizations that have:
- Demonstrated a commitment to equity within their practices and programming
- Undertaken consistent engagement with underserved groups/communities.
Applications are welcome from organizations that are diverse in terms of geography, scale of operations, and focus of arts programming; as well as organizations that work at the intersection of the arts and other domains, such as community development, health/well-being, climate/environment, or economic development.
Funded organizations will receive:
- Investment: Managed by South Arts, ArtsHERE will award approximately 95 nonprofit organizations with nonmatching grants of $65,000 to $130,000. Grants are for specific projects that will strengthen each organization’s capacity to sustain meaningful community engagement and increase arts participation for underserved groups/communities.
- Learning: ArtsHERE will offer grantees peer-learning and technical assistance opportunities, designed to share knowledge and build networks.
- Evaluation: As a pilot program, ArtsHERE will be documented and evaluated by the National Endowment for the Arts to better understand the project activities supported through this program and how grantees approached the work, and to inspire others. The evaluation will result in a summary of lessons learned and may inform the future of ArtsHERE and other similar funding programs and practices.
Join the ArtsHERE team on Thursday, November 30 from 2:00-3:30 PM ET for a program and application walkthrough. In this webinar (Nov 30, 2-3:30pm ET), attendees will learn about ArtsHERE and best-practices when preparing a Statement of Interest. This informational webinar will be recorded and made available on ArtsHERE.org.
The deadline to submit a Statement of Interest is 11:59 p.m. ET on January 19, 2024. For more information and to submit a Statement of Interest, visit ArtsHERE.org.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.