Explore the AFS Career Center
The AFS Career Center connects folklorists across all disciplines and career stages with a large and diverse collection of relevant career opportunities. The AFS Career Center is powered by YM Careers, the leading provider of job websites and career centers for professional associations. This partnership dramatically expands the scope of potential job searches and offers more resources and support for both job seekers and employers.
“Providing our members with opportunities for professional development and career growth are core to our mission,” said Jessica Turner, AFS Executive Director. “Our members marshal particular abilities and skills that make them excellent candidates for a wide range of positions in universities and cultural organizations. YM Careers’ technology and sales support will ensure that our website serves our members by providing a clear connection with employers who value and seek the skills, expertise, and training they have to offer.”
In addition to serving as a robust source of up to thousands of relevant job opportunities, the AFS Career Center is set apart by a number of benefits it offers to job seekers and employers, including:
- The ability for folklorists to post anonymous resumes, allowing them to be recruited while remaining in complete control over which employers view their complete information.
- A variety of options for employers to expose jobs to passive job-seeking folklorists who do not visit job boards, including Job Flash emails to AFS’s registered job seekers.
- Integration of job content into social media channels to engage folklorists and provide valuable job exposure to AFS’s audiences and relevant users of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social channels.
- Extensive advertising opportunities for employers.
- A mobile-responsive environment to ensure job seekers have an optimal experience, regardless of the device being used.
- The ability for job seekers to be alerted every time a new job becomes available that matches their personal goals and interests.
- The ability for job seekers and employers to gain exposure throughout YM Careers’ network of nearly 2,500 niche Career Centers.
- A bank of YM Careers’ resources for job seekers, including tips and career coaching.
- Anyone may use these services, though you will have to register to access them. AFS members may use their customary username and password to access the platform.
“The AFS Career Center is an innovative gateway that matches the right employers with the right talent to help keep organizations well-staffed, and folklore professionals’ careers moving along a professional path that meets their goals,” said Tristan Jordan, SVP and General Manager, Revenue Solutions.
For more information, please visit the AFS Career Center.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.