The German Literature Archive Marbach is taking applications from doctoral candidates who wish to participate in an international summer school to take place July 31-August 11, 2023, in Marbach Am Neckar, Germany, that offers a framework for exploring the potential of digital approaches for one’s own research questions and discussing them with experts. Over the course of the two-week summer school, 20 participants will have the opportunity to work with academics from around the world on digital literature and literature data, using the collections of the DLA’s archive, library, and museums as a foundation for their work. The interdisciplinary and international summer school is aimed at doctoral candidates in relevant research fields, especially literature studies, music studies, sound studies, library studies and information science, digital humanities and computer sciences.
The summer school is taking place within the framework of the Marbach Weimar Wolfenbüttel Research Association, funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, and in cooperation with Textklang, a joint project of DLA Marbach and the University of Stuttgart.
The application should include:
- Application form
- Cover letter of no more than two pages detailing reasons for the application (interest in summer school topic and relevant archival holdings; if applicable: proposal for one-week archive stay following the summer school/application for an exemption from the registration fee)
- Copies of certificates and transcripts
- Outline of the dissertation project (max. 5 pages)
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s home university
- Application deadline: January 31, 2023
- Final decision declared: March, 2023
Organization and Coordination
- Birgit Wollgarten – Research Secretariat – German Literature Archive Marbach – Tel.: +49 (0)7144 – 848 – 175 – Fax: +49 (0)7144 – 848 – 179 – Email: [email protected]
- Marie Limbourg – Coordinator MWW Research Association – German Literature Archive Marbach – Tel.: +49 (0)7144 – 848 – 227 – Email: [email protected]
Contact Email: [email protected]
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.