Florida Folklife Program Seeks New State Folklorist
The state of Florida is now accepting applications for its state folklorist position to lead the Florida Folklife Program. The individual awarded the positions will be responsible for
- providing leadership and management expertise in support of the administration and operation of the Florida Folklife Program,
- actively leading and participating in the identification, documentation, interpretation and promotion of folk resources,
- developing and administering grants in support of the program and program initiatives, serving as a liaison to the Florida Folklife Council and the Florida Folklore Society,
- conducting the Florida Folklife Apprenticeship Programs, and
- performing other work related duties as required.
To qualify, applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree with a major in folklore, cultural anthropology, ethnomusicology or related field and three years progressive experience in a public folklore or comparable role; or a master’s degree with a major in folklore, cultural anthropology, ethnomusicology or related field and two years of experience as noted above.
Applications are due by August 28th.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.