The Foxfire Fund, Inc., the parent organization of the Foxfire Museum and the Foxfire Magazine Program, is seeking an experienced and energetic Executive Director that has an appreciation of Appalachian Heritage and a passion for Foxfire’s mission. This position requires a proven leader who is a team player that can work collaboratively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers. The new Executive Director will:
- Be an engaging and successful fundraiser.
- Be a charismatic communicator and serve as Foxfire’s primary spokesperson.
- Support the staff in developing enriching educational programming.
- Create an environment of inclusivity.
- Strengthen and manage the organization’s human and financial assets.
- Partner with area organizations for community and economic development in Rabun County and the Southern Appalachian Region.
Foxfire’s mission is to preserve the diverse traditions of Southern Appalachia and advance the understanding and appreciation of cultural heritage through public programs, publications, and learner-centered education. To learn more about Foxfire visit their website www.foxfire.org Foxfire is a nonprofit 501c3 organization.
Preferred Education and Experience
BA degree (Masters preferred) and prior Executive Director experience and/or business experience in the following areas that will enhance the sustainability of a nonprofit organization:
- Human Resources
- Budget & Finance Management
- Grant Writing, Implementation and Reporting
- Growing Memberships
Preferred Competencies and Skills
- Successful fundraising expertise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer and technology knowledge and skills
- Community networking expertise
- Positive team management skills
- Successful financial management skills
- Ability to utilize and develop the talent of a Board of Directors while building strong relationships
- Self-starter with positive energy
- Respectful, open, transparent, honest individual
- Communicative individual that creates an inclusive environment
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
Opportunity for increases will be commensurate with employee performance
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Group health insurance policy for employee
This position will be available winter of 2022.
To apply for this position, email or mail the following:
A cover letter addressing the position description
List of three references
Send to the attention of Board President Laura West using the contact information below.
EMAIL: [email protected]
PO Box 541
Mountain City, GA 30562-0541
Applications will be reviewed beginning September 15, 2021.
Foxfire is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.