The AFS Nominating Committee (chaired by Sarah Gordon with members Carrie Hertz, Fernando Orejuela, and Guha Shankar) announced its slate of candidates for the AFS 2023 election.
Executive Board (two to be elected to three-year, 2024-2026 terms):
- Betty Belanus (Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage)
- Ashley Minner Jones (Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian)
- Margaret Steiner (Indiana University)
- Ziying You (The College of Wooster)
Nominating Committee (one to be elected to a three-year, 2024-2026 term):
- Lijun Zhang (George Mason University)
- Naomi Sturm-Wijesinghe (Los Herederos and City Lore)
Learn more about the candidates on the 2023 AFS Election page.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.