See Important Information for AFS Section Conveners for a detailed description of the convener’s role and responsibilities.
- For the highlights, see Section Conveners: Administrative Essentials.
News and Outreach
Do you have news? Share it in AFS channels first. Once it is published in AFS News, feel free to share it in other channels. Submit your news to [email protected].
Section Business Meetings
Note: Due to the pandemic, in 2020 and 2021, sections had to conduct their business meetings virtually, using a Zoom meeting created by AFS; many sections preferred the virtual option for accessibility in 2022 and virtual business meetings remain an option in 2023. Contact [email protected] for assistance.
The deadline for submitting a request to hold an in-person business meeting in Portland is March 31.
- Submit your call for papers
- Applicants for all AFS section prizes should submit their applications using this common form, which supports the various requirements for all AFS sections. AFS staff will promptly share application materials with the section prize committees upon request.
- Use this form link in your instructions about how to apply for your prize.
- Submit information about your prize winner. Use this form to submit all prize information, including submitting into for prize winner checks. If you’d like to see a model of a letter of recognition, copy this prize letter template.
- Submit photos of your prize winner, or other supporting images.
Use this annual report form to submit your section annual report by December 31.
Communications are covered in detail in Important Information for AFS Section Conveners.
If you make graphics to publicize your section’s events, please consult the AFS Visual Brand Guidelines and send your graphic to AFS staff at [email protected] before you distribute so we can coordinate our distribution with yours.
Questions? New initiatives? Contact AFS staff first! Contact our team at [email protected]