See Important Information for AFS Section Conveners for a detailed description of the convener’s role and responsibilities.
- For the highlights, see Section Conveners: Administrative Essentials.
- For a template for an annual checklist, see Section Conveners’ Timeline of Responsibilities (forthcoming)
News and Outreach
Do you have news? Share it in AFS channels first. Once it is published in AFS News, feel free to share it in other channels. Submit your news to [email protected].
Section Business Meetings
Due to Covid-19, in 2020 and 2021, sections should conduct their business meetings virtually, using a Zoom meeting created by AFS. Contact [email protected] for assistance.
- Submit your call for paper
- Starting in 2022, applicants for AFS section prizes should submit their applications using this common form: https://americanfolkloresociety.org/prize-application-form/, which supports the various requirements for all AFS sections. AFS staff will promptly share application materials with the section prize committees upon request. Use this form link in your instructions about how to apply for your prize.
- Submit information about your prize winner. Use this form to submit all prize information, including submitting into for prize winner checks. If you’d like to see a model of a letter of recognition, copy this prize letter template.
- Submit photos of your prize winner, or other supporting images.
Use this annual report form to submit your section annual report by December 31.
Communications are covered in detail in Important Information for AFS Section Conveners.
To send a message to your section members, send it to [email protected] for immediate distribution.
To communicate with other conveners, use the Section Conveners’ listserv.
Questions? New initiatives? Contact AFS staff first! Contact our team at [email protected]