World Monuments Fund (WMF) is seeking a Ukraine Heritage Crisis Specialist for a 12-month, fixed term position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
WMF remains concerned about the immediate and urgent threat to Ukraine’s cultural heritage, including the country’s wealth of cultural heritage places. The Ukraine Heritage Crisis Specialist will support all efforts to respond to the impact of the ongoing conflict in Ukraine on the country’s cultural heritage sector.
- Through networking and outreach, remain informed about developments in the conflict, and, in particular, about impacts of the conflict on heritage places, museums, libraries, and archives;
- Serve as the primary coordinator between WMF and members of the international community seeking to share information and coordinate their efforts in support of Ukrainian cultural heritage;
- Identify and cultivate potential partners for WMF within Ukraine’s cultural heritage sector;
- Identify needs for assistance to Ukraine’s cultural heritage sector and support the development of appropriate response strategies by WMF and its partners;
- Support the implementation of activities by WMF and its partners, through new or existing channels for the delivery of support;
- Support communications with WMF’s global audience regarding the impact of conflict on Ukraine’s cultural heritage;
- Plan for post-conflict intervention by WMF and its partners, including inventorying, condition assessment, and emergency stabilization/protection interventions;
- Serve as internal source of knowledge on matters affecting the conflict and post-conflict recovery.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.