University of Kentucky Seeks Postdoctoral Scholar in Catholic Studies
The College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, KY invites applications for a post-doctoral scholar in the field of Catholic Studies. This position will begin in August 2021 and is possibly renewable for one year. Applicants must have Ph.D. in hand, having completed a dissertation related to some aspect of Church History, Catholic art, Catholic architecture, Catholic music, Catholic liturgy, Catholicism and literature, the sociology of Catholicism, the anthropology of Catholic communities, gender and Catholicism, Catholic Philosophy, Jewish-Catholic relations, Islamic-Catholic relations, Catholic mission history, Catholicism in Latin American society or politics, Catholicism in China or Japan, Biblical Studies, Catholicism and the environment, or another field centered on Catholic tradition, experience, or impact. The position carries a 2-2 teaching load, for some combination of existing courses in the catalogue and courses proposed by the Scholar. The Scholar will also work with the Director of World Religions and other faculty on future curricular development and public programming to be implemented during the year of the appointment. It is expected that the Scholar will be in residence and available for in-person teaching.
Applications should include:
- a brief description of research interests (upload as Specific Request 1)
- a brief one paragraph description of the elements you would include in one of the existing Christianity or Methodology courses, listed at worldreligions.as.uky.edu/minor (upload as Specific Request 2)
- brief proposals (one paragraph for each) for two additional courses in Catholic Studies or Religious Studies (upload as Specific Request 3)
- a title and short abstract for a public lecture you would like to give in a “Catholicism and…” series (upload as Writing Sample)
- a one-paragraph description of a text on which you would like to guide a workshop for a general audience interested in Catholic Studies (upload as Cover Letter)
- a curriculum vitae.
In addition, please provide the names and contact information for three references when prompted in the academic profile. This information will be utilized to solicit recommendation letters from your references within the employment system.
Application deadline is March 15, 2021.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.