Apply for 2023 ARSC Conference Grants
The Association for Recorded Sound Collections is now accepting applications for ARSC Conference Grants for its Annual Conference, to be held May 17-20, 2023, in Pittsburgh, PA. All applications and supporting materials must be received by January 6, 2023.
The grants are designed to:
- encourage ARSC members and non-members to attend their first ARSC
- reach out to college students and professionals in the early stages of
- their careers,
- promote mentoring and professional development opportunities,
- advance scholarly research and publication, and
- support ARSC members who desire to participate more actively in the
In addition, the committee will also be using a portion of their grant funds
to specifically enable persons who identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous,
People of Color) and LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Questioning,
Intersex, Asexual) to attend their first ARSC conference. Persons who do not
identify as BIPOC/LGBTQIA are encouraged to apply for Conference Grants, as
Grant recipients are awarded:
- complimentary registration for the entire ARSC Annual Conference,
- complimentary registration for the Pre-Conference Workshops and closing
- banquet, and
- reimbursement up to US$750 to defray the expenses of transportation and
- lodging (upon approval of valid receipts, to be submitted after the
- conference). Rental car costs for transportation within the conference city
- are not reimbursable.
At the time of application, the applicant must be planning to attend their
first ARSC conference. Those whose first ARSC conference was a virtual
conference may apply for a 2023 Conference Grant to attend their first
in-person conference. However, preference may be given to first-time
Applicants will be notified about the award decisions by February 4, 2023.
For more information, visit: https://www.arsc-audio.org/conference.html or e-mail: [email protected].
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.