The organizers of a conference on the link between intimacy and violence in gender relations invite paper and panel proposals from scholars working in a diversity of disciplinary backgrounds language/literary studies, sociology, philosophy, psychology, cultural studies, etc. Abstracts are due by April 14, 2022.
Abstracts of not more than 350 words may address issues related to, but not limited to the following:
- Sexual abuse in intimate relationships of all kinds
- Seduction and rape
- The power of intimacy
- Homophobia and violence
- War heroes and the notion of positive violence
- Generational violence
- The father figure
- Language change: innovation or violation?
- Language disorder and difference
- Conversational violence, or “Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can do
- more harm to me”
- Gaslighting: the power of language in intimate relations
- Identity, language and power
- Competing voices: dialogue, rhetoric and telling tales
- Literacy, orality and power
- The power of the voice and the language of the body
The organizers are negotiating with an accredited journal for a special issue based on selected papers to be delivered in the conference.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.