CFP: Midwest Popular Culture/Midwest American Popular Culture Fashion and Materials Area
The Fashion and Materials Area of the Midwest Popular Culture Association/Midwest American Culture Association Annual Conference are calling for proposals for their conference in October 2022. Submissions are due by April 30, 2022.
The conveners are seeking proposals for papers and presentations (panels and roundtables) on a wide range of topics including, but not limited to, scholarly research and analysis of:
- Fashion and culture
- Fashion design and designers; critiques of style, design, fashion and clothing
- Costuming; fashion history (customs, artifacts, and myths shared by a significant portion of a culture or microculture)
- Fashion and ecology
- Material design trends
- Uses of textiles/materials
- Trends in fashion and materials
- Consumption using and/or including manufacturing, branding, merchandising, retailing
- Psychological/sociological aspects of dress, body image, and cultural identifiers
Graduate students are invited to apply for competitively awarded MPCA/ACA travel grants at http://mpcaaca.org/info/travel-grants/.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.