CFP: Moving Jewish Film (Hi)stories Between Europe and Latin America
The organizers of a workshop that aims to map Jewish film as transcultural and cross-continental mediator are calling for submissions, with a deadline of May 1, 2022.
Scholars from all areas of cinema, media and Jewish studies are invited to submit proposals. These may include but are not limited to the following topics:
- Experiences of escape, exile, remigration in features, documentaries, and other genre
- Production companies, cultural institutions, and other sites of a Jewish European Latin American cinema
- Exhibition platforms, festivals and retrospectives, audience reception
- Consideration in national film histories and canonizations
- Papers on individual filmmakers such as Peter Lilienthal, Jeanine Meerapfel, Narcisa Hirsch, Daniel Burman, Ariel and Rodrigo Dorfman, Alejandro Jodorowsky, Alejandro Springall, or Guita Schyfter.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.