CFP: Poetics of Travelling Self: Discursive Formations and Purposiveness of Travel
The editors of an upcoming volume, “Poetics of Travelling Self: Discursive Formations and Purposiveness of Travel,” are seeking submissions by January 31, 2022.
Scholars are invited to explore how travel writings make and remake us and our world through and beyond following themes:
- Travel writing as Life Writing
- Wanderlust and economy of desire
- Dynamics of exclusion
- Democratization of travel and mass tourism
- Travel writing as means of worldmaking
- Travel writing and thanatourism
- Memory Studies and travel writing
- Tradition of travel writing in non-western world
- Food and travel
- Pedagogical approaches to travel writing
- Motif of travel in Bildungsroman genre
- Travel as a theme in Science Fiction and popular fiction
- Formation/crisis of identity
- Autobiographical travel narratives: phenomenology of experience
- Travel writing in Cultural Studies
- Travel writing and Medical Humanities
- Theories of affect in relation to travel writing
- Travel blogs, vlogs, and visual culture
- Philosophical travelogues
- Significance of religion in travel writing
- Travel journalism
- Travel writing and imagined geography/cartography
- Ecocritical approaches to travel writing
- Travel writing and cosmopolitanism
Only complete papers will be considered for publication. The papers must be submitted according to the guidelines of the MLA 8th edition. Scholars may submit full length papers (3,500–10,000 words) along with a 150 words abstract and list of keywords.
Email any queries to [email protected].
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.