The mission of the AFS Website Images Subcommittee, which is part of the Media and Public Outreach Committee, is to collect and display imagery (photographs, scans, and other 2-D images) from folklorists and cultural workers that demonstrate the breadth and depth of folklore and folklife. The Subcommittee reviews and selects images to feature on the AFS website and promotional materials, providing opportunities for individuals and organizations to share and promote their folklore-related work. The Subcommittee is committed to the ethical presentation of diverse imagery. We prioritize images of folklorists and community researchers at work.
We are especially interested in the following:
- dynamic homepage header images (2880w X 1144h px)
- square images for social media and AFS News
- images of AFS members doing folklore work in their element
- portraits or other images of artists and practitioners
- examples of vernacular expression
- images from archival collections and repositories (with adequate permissions)
- captivating images from your projects, collaborations, community engagements, etc.
How you can contribute:
Submit your images using this link <https://bit.ly/AFSImages> or QR code.
For more information or to get involved with our work, email [email protected] with the subject line “AFS Website Images Subcommittee”.
Thank you for contributing!