The Jazz & Heritage Fellowship is a two-year program to support research about Louisiana’s diverse music, cultural, and artistic heritage. Successful applicants have a history of productive scholarship via public presentations, publications, or exhibitions. One recipient will be chosen to receive $10,000 in support over two years from the Jazz & Heritage Archive.
The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation Archive is an educational service that identifies, collects, preserves, and protects materials of cultural and historical significance to New Orleans and Louisiana as well as the records of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation and its assets and programs. These materials are to be used solely for scholarly research and interpretation and to support the mission of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation.
- Applicants can be academic or independent scholars with a considerable record of achievement.
- Applicants from the United States or away are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
- Only one submission per applicant is allowed.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed.
- Online Applications Only: The applications are only accepted through their online application portal. Paper applications are not accepted.
- To access the application, go to their online application form here: https://jazzandheritage.gosmart.org/
- Application opens: Tuesday, November 8, 2022
- Application deadline: Tuesday, December 20, 2022, at 10:00 p.m.
- Notification will be emailed to applicants by Friday, January 20th.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.