The Departments of Comparative Literature and Theatre Arts at the University of Oregon jointly invite applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Performance Studies to begin September 16, 2024. The deadline for the application process is November 1, 2023, until it is filled.
• Ph.D. in a relevant field by the time of appointment
• Demonstrated potential for outstanding research and teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Expertise in media aesthetics, environmental humanities, gender and sexuality, critical race theory, postcolonial studies, methods of comparison across languages and cultures, or relevant fields.
Required Application Materials
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Writing sample of 20-25 pages
• Research statement
• Teaching statement
• Diversity statement discussing, with specific examples, past, present, and future contributions to equity and inclusion in your research, teaching, and (if applicable to current professional stage) service and mentoring.
• Contact information for three references. Please be sure to enter email addresses for your references accurately as the university will be reaching out directly to them to request letters of recommendation.
Click here to know more about this position.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.