Folklore and Education Newsletter, Spring 2012
The Spring 2012 Newsletter of the Folklore and Education Section of the American Folklore Society is available here as a read-only Word doc or pdf.
- New resources Gregory Hansen rounds up the latest books, websites, and other resources in folklore and education, page 2
- Smithsonian news Updates about resources, partnerships, and opportunities at the Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, page 2
- AFS 2011 Paddy Bowman tells us about the annual Saturday-morning workshop and other folklore & education sessions at the annual meeting, page 3
- Recess lore Anna Beresin describes how her service-learning organization, Recess Access, advocates for traditional children’s play, page 5
- Section-meeting minutes From the annual business meeting at the American Folklore Society meeting in Bloomington, page 6
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.