The Spring 2014 Newsletter of the Folklore and Education Section of the American Folklore Society is available here as a pdf.
- New resources Gregory Hansen rounds up the latest books, Web sites, and other resources in folklore and education, page 2
- Smithsonian news Updates about resources, partnerships, and opportunities at the Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, page 3
- “More than Measuring” Forum addresses the complexities of assessing folk-arts curricula, page 4
- Education sessions at 2013 AFS A roundup of educationrelated programming at last year’s annual meeting, page 6
- Local Learning at 20: A retrospective Paddy Bowman reflects on the organization’s history and its future page 7
- Aesop Award winners The AFS Children’s Folklore section announces its 2013 prize for best use of folklore in a children’s book, page 10
- Section-meeting minutes From the annual business meeting at the American Folklore Society meeting in Providence, page 10
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.