The University of Oregon invites applications for the tenure-track Assistant Professor position in their English department. The tenure-track Assistant Professor position welcomes applicants specializing in the study of Latinx Literature and Cultural Production to begin on September 16, 2024. The deadline for the application process is November 1, 2023, until it is filled.
• Ph.D. in English, Latinx Studies, Chicanx Studies, Ethnic Studies, Comparative Literature, or related fields at the time of appointment.
• Demonstrated record of or potential for publication and evidence of an active research agenda focused centrally on Latinx literature and cultural production.
• Demonstrated record of relationships with and service to Latinx students and communities.
• We seek candidates that place Latinx literature and cultural production at the center of their research and teaching agendas. Candidates working on all topics, periods, and contexts in Latinx literature and cultural production are encouraged to apply.
Required Application Materials
Candidates are asked to apply online at www.academicjobsonline.org and to submit the following materials, which may be packaged into a single PDF or submitted as individual documents:
• Application letter of no more than 2 single-spaced pages that demonstrates qualifications, current and future research trajectories, teaching experience, and other relevant information such as community engagement, collaborative projects or public humanities work.
• Curriculum vitae.
• Contact information for three references.
• Research writing sample of no more than 25 double-spaced pages.
• As part of the application process, applicants seeking faculty positions at the University of Oregon are required to submit a statement about their past, present, and anticipated future contributions to promoting equity, inclusion, and diversity in their professional careers. For this position, the search committee asks for a statement of 1-2 pages that demonstrates substantive commitments to DEI.
If you are unable to use academicjobsonline, please contact [email protected] to arrange alternate means of submitting materials.
Click here to know more about this position.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.