The 2022 Local Committee and AFS staff is so excited to gather in Tulsa for the first (almost) fully in-person meeting since 2019 in Baltimore. We can’t wait to see you!
With the pandemic still hanging over us, we must remain vigilant in our protocols to prevent the spread of Covid-19 at our event. In this spirit, and with evolutions in the larger pandemic landscape in mind, our Covid prevention protocols include the following:
- The Hyatt Regency Tulsa, our conference hotel, has a MERV-16 air filtration system, which is considered up to industry standards in the era of Covid to reduce the spread of airborne particles.
- We strongly encourage attendees to wear masks during all annual meeting sessions and events.
- We will provide complimentary masks to attendees at the registration desk.
- Please note that the hotel will house other guests who are not required to wear masks in the building.
- We encourage all attendees to get vaccinated and/or boosted–preferably with a bivalent booster that provides extra protection against the Omicron variant–before the annual meeting if they are able to do so.
- Vaccines and boosters are considered to reach peak effectiveness two weeks after the shot. Plan to get boosted before September 28 to make sure you’re fully protected at our gathering!
As a dispersed community most of the time, we so look forward to gathering together in person to share and stoke the ideas, energy, and passion that drive our field forward. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe during this valued moment of connection.
We sometimes make mistakes, and we are happy to correct any errors that you may come across on our site. If you find an error, please let us know using the “submit a correction” link.