We are planning both in-person and virtual sessions for this year’s meeting, October 18-23, 2021.
- The first three days, October 18-20, will present virtual sessions. Most of them will be recorded for asynchronous access.
- We will then gather in-person on October 21–24 at the Hilton Harrisburg in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Some of the events from the in-person meeting will be live-streamed and/or recorded to be available to all participants.
- We ask all attendees to RSVP for the in-person program in Harrisburg, whether or not you intend to participate. As of July 8, an RSVP form is available to all meeting registrants, shared by email. If you can’t find the form, contact [email protected].
- Virtual Meeting Essentials for Attendees (forthcoming)
- How to Access the Conference Platform (forthcoming)
- Help with Zoom
Again, we are asking that all attendees RSVP for the in-person program in Harrisburg, whether or not you intend to participate. As of July 8, an RSVP form is available to all meeting registrants and has been shared by email. If you can’t find the form, contact us. This RSVP information is important as we work to ensure an enjoyable and safe experience for all.
In-person sessions will take place at the Hilton Harrisburg, 1 North 2nd St, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
If you intend to stay at the Hilton Harrisburg, please reserve a room in the conference block by using this link to the reservation system. This helps both you and AFS. If you have any trouble with your reservation, we will have more leverage to help you if you reserve within our block. Also, placing your reservation this way satisfies our contract with the hotel, helping us to avoid potentially costly fees if our block is not filled.
The group code is AFS21.
The special conference rate for single and double rooms in the Hilton Harrisburg is $169.
The cut-off for reserving a guest room in the conference block is September 28, 2021.
Members of the local planning committee are at work on their recommendations for restaurants and points of interest in the area (for those of you who can stay an extra day or so). We’ll share them here when they’re ready. Many thanks to the contributors who found time to add their suggestions!
See Visit Hershey & Harrisburg for more general visitors’ information, like how to get there and find your way around.