The AFS Annual Meeting Hub is the online place to go to find the information you need to engage with the 2023 Annual Meeting. Anyone can view all the pages of the Hub, and it will serve as the center of access and up-to-date information during our fully virtual days and as we gather in Portland. Use the Hub, which is readable on mobile devices, as a complement to the special commemorative program notebook that you can pick up at the registration desk.
You don’t have to log in to browse the program, but only registered attendees can join virtual and hybrid sessions, access livestreams and recordings, or see presenters’ contact information.
Not yet registered? Go to our registration form. (Not sure? The form will let you know after you’ve entered your name and email address.)
Registrants must Log In to unlock protected content.
- AFS sent an email to registered attendees inviting them to set up their access to the conference hub on September 7. Those who register after that date will receive an invitation within 1-2 business days of registering. New registrations during the weeks of the virtual and in-person portions of the conference may be delayed by 3-5 business days.
- If the password we sent you doesn’t work, just reset the password. If you don’t get the reset email right away, check your Junk folder for an email from [email protected].
- Any time you visit the conference hub, look for the Log In button, and make sure you are logged in for access to the protected content; the platform may remember you as long as you continue to use the same computer and browser. Contact [email protected] if you have any trouble.
- View your session in the Schedule. On the session details page, when your session start time draws near, you’ll find a button to join the meeting. If you do not see this button near your start time, check to make sure you have logged in.
Accessing Virtual and Hybrid Sessions
Registration provides full access to both the virtual (Oct. 11-12) and in-person (Nov. 1-4) portions of the AFS annual meeting. Fully virtual and in-person hybrid programs can be accessed live directly through the Annual Meeting Hub.
All remote presenters will use the Annual Meeting Hub to access their virtual or hybrid sessions.
- The links to “join sessions” will be visible on the day of the session on the session details page — click a session listed in the schedule to get to the details and the join link.
- You won’t be able to see the “join session” links if you haven’t logged in. How can you tell if you’re logged in? It will say “Log Out” instead of “Log In” in the upper right-hand menu.
- “Join session” links will be active 30 minutes before the scheduled start times; all participants will be admitted to a waiting room. Presenters may be admitted from the waiting room 30 minutes early in order to prepare, while audience members will be admitted at the scheduled start time.
Live Technical Support
Since most virtual and hybrid sessions will be recorded and available for asynchronous access afterwards, our limited tech support staff will prioritize aiding virtual presenters. If you require assistance in presenting, hosting or moderating in a Zoom session, contact us (instructions forthcoming).
If you are a virtual attendee and cannot log in, we invite you to contact us, but we may not be able to assist you in time to attend the live session.
Accessing Recorded Sessions
Most virtual and hybrid sessions will be recorded to provide the opportunity for asynchronous access, though presenters have the chance to opt-out of recording by contacting [email protected].
Recordings will be added to session details after the live session; please allow a full day for recordings to be posted.